Great post on the Harvard Business Review about Five Things You Should Stop Doing in 2012. I think you should stop doing them immediately.
1. Responding Like A Trained Monkey – (compulsively checking your email)
2. Mindless Traditions – Slavery to unnecessary tasks for the task’s sake. (Though I think some traditions are worth keeping, in a thoughtful way.)
3. Reading Annoying Things – (Like this blog…)
4. Work That’s Not Worth It. – Fire some of your clients, be selective in choosing new ones.
5. Making Things More Complicated Than They Should Be. – Her definition of “more complicated than they should be” smacks of a type of pragmatism I’m not fond of, one which often stifles innovation. I agree with the sentiment though.
(HT: FiveQ Communications)